This is a key role in our work to improve the lives of those in vulnerable communities around the world. You will proactively support Wonder in order to raise money for the ongoing support of our local partners and the education projects that they deliver to women and children living in poverty. We need someone who wants to gain experience of communications and project and event management and is a self-starter with creativity and enthusiasm.
Depending upon the skills and availabilities of applicants, this role will consist of all or a selection of the following:
- the development of educational resources such as presentations, lesson plans, and worksheets to support the implementation of fundraising and awareness workshops within local schools.
- assist in developing strategies to drive partnerships among schools and contribute to the set-up and execution of in-school workshops with students of all ages
- lead presentations in elementary and secondary schools
- maintain direct correspondence with the Director about educational projects and future objectives for the foundation’s involvement within partner schools.
- develop materials for UK schools to raise awareness of social justice and women's issues such as FGM, trafficking etc
In terms of internship length and hours per week we can be flexible for the right candidate. If you would prefer to apply for a part of this role as opposed to all of it, please indicated that in your application.
Strong presentation skills
Experience working with children and youth are an asset.
Self motivating and well-organised