CHANGE STARTS NOW!
You can find your elected representative here: www.writetothem.com
Just put in your postcode and you will find your councillors, London Assembly Member, MP and MEP.
EMAIL, TWEET (OR EVEN WRITE A LETTER)
- Ask your MP why the Government isn’t making English accessible for trafficking survivors more here
- Ask your MP whether Modern Slavery Awareness can be embedded in hospitality qualification curriculums more here
- Ask your councillors what your council is doing to ensure that they aren’t complicit in modern slavery more here
Click on the links above for more information on each idea.
SMALL THINGS MATTER
- Tell your friends and families, over dinner or on social media, about what you have learned today, and encourage them to find out more.
- Write a blog post or case study of what you have done and we will share it with our networks! Contact email@example.com or tweet @wonderfdn #seeme
- Find out what your school, university or workplace is doing to train staff and students about modern slavery. See whether they could do more.
- See if you can find out whether what you spend money on is ethical and vote with your £!
BE BOLD + TAKE ACTION
- Learn as much as you can about the warning signs of Modern Slavery – would you know what to look out for? There are lots of resources online but here are a couple of good ones:
REPORT If you are concerned about someone or something, call the Modern Slavery Helpline on 08000 121 700. Remember – if you think someone is in immediate danger call the police on 999.
GET IN TOUCH
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @wonderfdn
We’d love to hear about what you achieve