A fantastic role for a fluent Spanish-speaking female* volunteer. You will be supporting CARIS Haringey in their support for vulnerable Spanish-speaking women, mainly from Latin America, in Tottenham North London. If you want to make a real difference to migrant families in London, this is a great way to do it.
CARIS's Advice and Advocacy service provides essential advice and support to women in North London. It is designed to assist homeless families dealing with their everyday challenges including: evictions, benefits decisions, debt, violence, unemployment, poverty, lack of opportunity and isolation. In a typical year, over 300 clients and over 700 children receive in-depth support through CARIS’ outreach, advice and advocacy services. These client numbers do not include the regular information and outreach advice surgeries in local organisations or advice given over the telephone. The case work is predominantly face-to-face by appointment.
Wonder Foundation has worked with CARIS for 5 years in their important work to empower women and their families. You would be supporting a trained advice worker to enable Spanish speakers to access this service.
About this role:
- *only for female volunteers due to the vulnerability of the service-users
- one or all of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings/ afternoons. Lunch expenses will be provided for those volunteering over 4 hours.
- located near Seven Sisters in Tottenham (Victoria Line). You would receive travel expenses from CARIS.
- due to the sensitivity of information that may be shared, and the varieties of Spanish that you may encounter, this is a role for someone with fluent Spanish only.
- this is a voluntary role for someone reliable, committed and patient. You need to be a great team player with attention to detail.
N.B. This role is being advertised by Wonder Foundation but you will be volunteering with CARIS.
To apply: please complete the volunteer application form on our website and send to email@example.com. Please make the subject header SPANISH AA VOLUNTEER.
Please ignore the deadline! Interviews will be done on a rolling basis.