We are looking for a pro-active and engaging intern with a real passion for our cause.
You will be working closely with our fundraising team to assist them on their daily tasks. This is a key role in our work to improve the lives of those in vulnerable communities around the world. You will proactively support Wonder in order to raise money for the ongoing support of our local partners and the education projects that they deliver to women and children living in poverty. We need someone who wants to gain experience of project and event management and is a self-starter with creativity and enthusiasm who can take a leadership role within the WONDER team with the development and delivery of fundraising and community engagement initiatives such as parties, coffee mornings, tea parties, sponsored events, etc. This is a hands on role involving diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Developing fund-raising communications.
- Conducting research on potential donors and sponsorship opportunities.
- Approaching donors and key steak-holders.
- Researching potential entertainment and suppliers for events.
- Supporting coordination of major events.
- Updating Wonder fundraising database.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team
- Proven ability to complete research tasks
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience in organizing events (preferable, not essential)
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Volunteer days, hours and locations are flexible, but we are looking for at least one day a week's commitment, until the end of April (with options of continuing).